Job Description –
Red Oak Behavioral Health has an exciting opportunity for a CMA or LPN looking for a schedule that does not include weekends or holidays.
WILL WORK BETWEEN 32-40 HRS./WEEK (Monday-Friday)
Hourly Rate – Negotiable (include requirement with reply)
MUST HAVE EXPERIENCE WORKING IN OUTPATIENT CLINIC TO BE CONSIDERED
Utilize medical and administrative skills to provide support to patients and psychiatric staff.
Essential Functions and Duties:
- Maintain accurate and descriptive clinical documentation;
- Monitor and documents patient’s weight, vital signs, and other important information for providers;
- Monitor, verify, and provide follow up with regular correspondence regarding medication refills, pharmacological history, and management of appointments;
- Provide communication to patients and their guardians when needed;
- Maintain regular professional collaboration with the appropriate Red Oak staff and area agencies involved with patients;
- Maintain up to date Basic Life Support (BLS) certification and continuing education qualifications in accordance to certification;
- Ability to establish priorities, assess workload and determine order of importance regarding daily responsibilities and tasks required.
Candidate must have at least one (1) year of clinical experience and possess at least one of the following certificates/licenses:
- Certified Medical Assistant (CMA)
- Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN)
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- One year psychiatric experience, preferred;
- Must be able to work Tuesday and Wednesday evenings until 8 pm;
- Strong organizational skills;
- Graduate of an accredited program;
- Computer literate;
- Knowledge of infection control practices;]
- Ability to work on a team;
- Demonstrates aptitude to utilize agency’s Electronic Health Record (EHR)
Physical Demands: The physical demands are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made, if requested and medically supported, to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions in cooperation with the American with Disabilities Act.
Work Environment: The work environment is at the agency’s Outpatient Clinic residing at 611 W. Market St., Akron, Ohio.
Policy and Procedures: 1. Adhere to Medicaid, and all other federal, state and local guidelines regarding deliver of CSP service. 2. Follow organizational protocols (Operations manual, Policies and Procedures manual, job description) in provision of CSP services.
Red Oak is an equal opportunity employer regardless of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, or any other protected characteristic, as established by law. Employment decisions are made without consideration of these or any other factors that employers are prohibited by law from considering in accordance to laws enforced by the U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission.