Are you a passionate psychiatric nurse practitioner who loves working with children and adults? Do you thrive as part of a community behavioral health team that provides wraparound care in an outpatient setting? Are you looking for better work-life balance and the ability to be home on holidays, weekends and most evenings? Then joining the Red Oak team as an outpatient psychiatric practitioner may be an ideal fit for you. Our growing outpatient center is looking for an additional Provider to join our team and provide direct clinical services to psychiatric patients using a multidisciplinary team approach consistent with evidence-based practice.
Essential Functions and Duties:
- Perform initial psychiatric evaluation and render diagnosis
- Perform mental status examinations
- Educate clients and their families regarding patient’s diagnosis, prognosis, treatment, and therapeutic process
- Provide support for regular medication management for patients
- Provide psycho therapeutic services as necessary
- Collaborate and coordinate patient care with treatment team (i.e. psychiatrist, therapist, CPST Provider)
- Write prescriptions and/or order additional tests for patients as necessary
- Participate in weekly supervision to be facilitated by the Medical Director
- Identify or recommend community resources to facilitate the highest possible mental health functioning of all assigned clients in collaboration with treatment team
- Adhere to the agency’s personnel policies and procedures, Ohio MHAS, COA, Medicaid and Insurance standards, and fulfill documentation and reporting requirements
- Submit completed clinical documents into the Electronic Health Record to be processed into the Individualized Client Records
- Maintain Professional Liability Insurance in accordance to Red Oak policy
Minimum Qualifications and Experience:
- Master’s Degree in Nursing or related field from an accredited school of nursing
- Active Nurse Practitioner licensure with the State of Ohio
- Active DEA prescribing authority
- 2+ years of Nurse Practitioner experience with adolescents and adults
- Prior experience working in community mental health preferred
- Prior experience within an Electronic Health Record preferred
Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities:
- Pragmatic problem-solving and assessment skills
- Ability to work independently and collaborate with treatment team when appropriate
- Ability to work with diverse populations
- Proven leadership skills in working with patients and families
- Ability to convey difficult and challenging information to staff, patients, and others as needed
- Proven attention to detail
- Current provider card in Basic Life Support (BLS)
Physical Demands: The physical demands are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made, if requested and medically supported, to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions in cooperation with the American with Disabilities Act.
Work Environment: The work environment is at the agency’s Outpatient Clinic residing at 611 W. Market St., Akron, Ohio.
Policy and Procedures: 1. Adhere to Medicaid, and all other federal, state and local guidelines regarding deliver of CSP service. 2. Follow organizational protocols (Operations manual, Policies and Procedures manual, job description) in provision of CSP services.