Diversity and Inclusion
Red Oak has partnered with The Diversity Center of Northeast Ohio on its journey to becoming a more just, equitable, diverse and inclusive workplace.
Justice, Equity, Diversity & Inclusion Defined:
JUSTICE: Justice is the morally fair and right state of being.
EQUITY: Equity recognizes that each person has different circumstances and allocates the exact resources and opportunities needed to reach an equal outcome.
DIVERSITY: Diversity means having a range of people with various racial, ethnic, socioeconomic, and cultural backgrounds and various lifestyles, experience, and interests.
INCLUSION: Inclusion means that all people have the right to be respected, engaged, and appreciated as valuable members of our community.
Red Oak’s JEDI Work in Action:
- Training and capacity building for staff, Board and Leadership in areas of diversity and inclusion and on issues of social justice.
- Ongoing assessment of our agency’s climate around diversity, equity & inclusion
- Development of a permanent JEDI (Justice, Equity, Diversity and Inclusion) Task Force with representation from staff, Board and clients.
- Development of a strategic plan to support the agency in becoming a more just, equitable, diverse and inclusive workplace.
- To lift the voices of lived experiences at all intersections
- To mirror and honor the diversity of our community
- To foster a safe work environment
- To establish authentic conversations where honesty matters
- To educate our staff on intersecting identities and a multi-cultural spectrum of abilities
JEDI Rules of Engagement
- Be prepared and engaged
- Hold space for others to be heard
- Be curious and ask clarifying questions
- Remember that positive intent doesn’t negate impact
- Recognize positionality (social, cultural, organizational)
- Allow for more than one “right” answer or way
- Recognize assumptions about what you think someone else thinks
- Respect that engagement looks different for different people
- Engage in respectful discourse and a mutual honoring of one another
- Avoid re-traumatization
- Honor conflict as a critical part of growth
For more information about the Justice, Equity, Diversity and Inclusion efforts underway at Red Oak Behavioral Health, or to get more involved in our work, contact us at email@example.com.